JOB POSTING: Senior Project Architect
September 11, 2015
BHNT Architects seeks an experienced architect, with 5 to 10+ years of experience, to lead design and technical development of medium to large projects in its Buffalo, NY office. The ideal candidate will have strong design documentation skills that combine extensive building experience with a deep understanding of producing construction and bidding documents. Candidates must be highly motivated and able to lead work efforts of others.
The position will involve all phases of project development from program and concept development through production of contract documents including drawings and specifications and construction contract administration. The position requires a working knowledge of model building codes and strong leadership skills to lead project teams in a collaborative environment. Candidates must demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in architecture
• B Arch degree required; M Arch preferred
• Architectural license required; LEED accreditation a plus
• Strong technical design skills required
• Experience working on complex projects in all phases of design
• Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills
• Effective client relationship management skills
• Interpersonal skills necessary for working with and leading project teams
• Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD required
• Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple deadlines
• Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment
• Ability to travel
BHNT Architects is an award-winning firm that maintains a diverse practice with specialization in K-12, college and university, commercial, retail and hospitality and projects. Environmental sustainability and historic preservation are strong themes throughout our work. We strive to create inspired environments using creative ideas, service-oriented processes, and innovative tools that deliver design and function to exceed our clients’ goals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome diverse backgrounds, talents and interests among staff members. We offer competitive compensation with benefits.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter, resume’ and work samples to:
BHNT Architects, PC
Attn: Personnel Department
2495 Main Street, Suite 434
Buffalo, NY 14214
To learn more about BHNT please visit us at www.bhnt.com.